I've not been cooking of late. My choice in meals have had less to do with nutrition and more to do with quick, hot, and full of protein. I have been trying to reduce the amount I buy - and use up what I do. Black bean garlic sauce is a truly amazing flavour, but there are very few recipes that use it.
I skinned the chicken legs (ew!) and then coated them with the marinade. I wrapped them up and put them in the fridge overnight. I've made this recipe before, but never with so long a marinading time. The extra time in the freezer was worth the wait.
By the next morning my fridge smelled pretty garlic-y, and by evening it was time to get roasting.
I roasted the chicken at 375 F for 50 minutes, turning the chicken once. I served it with some pre-bought risotto balls, spaghetti sauce, and salad. It was delicious.
Roasted chicken with black bean marinade
It's a great and tasty meal for a weeknight. The preparation can be done the night before, so all you have to do is come home and cook.
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs or 6 legs with thighs
- 2 tablespoons Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai Chili Garlic Paste, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Remove the skin and trim all visible fat from the chicken.
- Mix marinade ingredients, then put the chicken pieces in a single layer inside a dish. Cover with marinade (on both sides) and let marinate for 6 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature while the oven preheats to 325 F.
- Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan, keeping as much marinade clinging to the chicken as you can.
- Roast about 50 minutes, turning several times and baste often.
- When the chicken registers an internal temperature of at least 165 F, it is done.