Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Savory Breakfasts?

What do you get when you combine:
  • Leftover wild herb rice (mixed with rice wine vinegar & mirin).
  • leftover jalapeno honey mustard cut with mayonnaise & herbs.
  • A tin of tuna.
  • A tomato.
  • An avocado.
  • A stalk of asperagus (barbecued). Sheets of nori.
I don't know either; but I hope to try making sushi out of this mess for a savory breakfast. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update: It's pretty good. I didn't use the avocado (too far past its prime) or the tomato; and only about 3/4 of the rice and 1/2 of the tin of tuna. It's falling apart as I eat it, but it tastes pretty good. And it's certainly different which was, ultimately, what I wanted for breakfast.

Either my sushi-making skills have degraded (possibly) or the nori I bought was the wrong type (most likely). The sheets have holes in them, seem way too thin, and in this case - were too old (liquid was accumulating in the sealed package in spite of the silica packet). So I should (a) buy new nori and (b) practice more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment