Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meal Plan: March 22, 2008

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thrusday Friday
Roast turkey (unstuffed) au jus with roast potatoes Roast turkey (stuffed), baked turnip, green beans, mashed potatoes Meat loaf and steamed green beans and carrots Cheeseburgers, all dressed Chicken soup Wings Dinner out


Saturday
Lunch: Split pea soup
Dinner: Roast turkey (unstuffed) au jus with roast potatoes
I don't often roast a turkey; and I blame a sudden fit of madness for trying it on Saturday. I spent all afternoon making chicken broth then most of the evening finishing off a turkey that caused so much steam my fire alarm went off twice. It was, however, succulent and very delicious.

Sunday
Lunch: Late brunch of eggs and toast.
Dinner: We went over to a sibling's house and had the traditional holiday meal (TM). It was, as per usual, so much better than mine. I did, however, feel better when I walked in and noticed her fire alarm was disconnected.

Monday
Lunch: Turkey wraps
Dinner: I made meatloaf a few weeks back and froze a double-serving. I reheated them and served them with green beans and carrots. It was a quick and tasty meal.

Tuesday
Lunch: Out with a friend.
Dinner: Cheeseburgers, all dressed. I had something else planned but by the time I got home I had completely forgotten what it was supposed to be. The hamburger was thawed, so that's what I made. BTW we don't normally eat so much hamburger but (a) it was on sale, and (b) after two days of turkey, we needed a break from poultry in general.

Wednesday
Lunch: Vegetarian cassoulet (from the freezer)
Dinner: With friends coming over, a fridge full of broth and poultry, and rainy weather on the forecast -- making Chicken soup seems perfectly reasonable to me. Besides, I need a couple of servings for future lunches as my freezer's getting low on ready-meals.
The soup was well appreciated and not just because I added lots of ginger and garlic to the fennel, carrots, celery and onion I usually add; but I'm sure it helped.

Thursday
Lunch: Chicken soup (from last night), and whole wheat crackers
Dinner: Southewestern chicken. No, not really. I wimped out and had boxed-frozen medium-spice buffalo wings. Yes, I know they were bad for me. I had them with a side of air-popped popcorn and a big glass of milk (not for the health, but just to scrape the spice out of my mouth. The wings were good, but I am a spice-wimp. I did cook up the white kidney beans though (soaked them overnight and then put them in the crockpot to cook with a big handfull of dried sage leaves and enough water to cover).

Friday
Lunch: Vegetarian cassoulet, the last of it.
Dinner: Out -- no clue where, it's his choice (although I suspect we'll be going to one of the rotissery restaurants in Montreal. Rotissery chicken is a really big thing here -- every restaurant seems to offer it; but only one or two do it right (note to self - review the restaurant and the meal).

- Updated Friday, 28-Mar-2008 with Thursday and Friday info. Added a More tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment