Friday, March 28, 2008

Meal Plan: March 29, 2008

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thrusday Friday
White Chili Chicken stew and buttermilk biscuits (for 4-6) Soft-shelled beef tacos with salad and homemade salsa Chicken wings and salad Mustard chicken and steamed vegetables White beans and barley with ham (slow cooker recipe) Horseradish and herb-crusted beef roast, roasted potatoes and mixed romaine salad (for 6)

Saturday
Lunch: Chicken soup (leftovers)
Dinner I was supposed to make this last Friday. Instead I'll load the crockpot and set it to slow cook for the day. It's a chicken-based chili with white beans. It came out OK, but surprisingly bland. My spices aren't dead, but I should have doubled them.

Sunday
Lunch:
Dinner: My guests canceled and I didn't feel like making dinner, so I ended up having a PBJ & a glass of skim milk. But hey - it was a fancy meal. I had the milk in a wine glass.

Monday
Lunch: Vegetarian cassoulet (from the freezer)
Dinner: Chicken wings and salad. Not healthy, but sooo tasty.

Tuesday
Lunch: Adonis' Small Old Fashioned Gyro Platter with salad (no fries, no rice). I went out to dinner with a friend.
Dinner: Soft-shelled beef tacos with salad and homemade salsa. This is one of my favorite meals. I used the Taco mix recipe I posted here previously (made fresh). The spices were a bit strong. The homemade salsa was a quick salsa verde. And I have enough leftovers for a small serving of nachos.

Wednesday
Lunch: Boccacino's Monteray wrap (grilled chicken with cheddar, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes and their spicy mayonnaises. Served with salsa and a huge green salad. I brought 1/2 of it home for later in the week. It's a delicious sandwhich.
Dinner: Mustard chicken and steamed vegetables. Dreg the chicken in flour, sauté in a mix of 2:1 olive oil to butter. Do not flip often. When both sides are browned, place in a pre-heated oven. To the sauce add: 1/2 cup white wine, allow to boil down by 1/2. Then add 1/2 cup chicken broth, allow again to boil down by 1/2. Stir often. When the mixture will coat the back of a spoon add 1 portion butter, 1 portion dijon mustard. Stir well. Serve over chicken with a side of steamed vegetables.

Thursday
Lunch: Out to Eggspectations with the team.
Dinner: White beans and barley with ham (slow cooker recipe). I found this on RecipeZaar and it picked my interest. The overall recipe was ... missing something. After discussing it with my guests - we settled on tomatoes.

Friday
Lunch: The other 1/2 of the Boccacino's Monteray wrap with a dozen blue organic taco chips (to finish off the salsa that came with the wrap)
Dinner: Horseradish and herb-crusted shoulder roast, roasted potatoes and mixed romaine salad (for 6). The roast is small enough that it should be done by 7pm tonight for dinner. I hope to use the leftover drippings to make beef consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment