Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vegetable basket

A friend delivered my first "Medium" vegetable basket. It's got a lot of goodies in it.
  • 1 head celery (now I've got three in the fridge. I'll have to figure out something other than celery sticks for snacks to do with it).
  • 1 head lettuce (looks like a curly leaf variety).
  • 4 heads of garlic (yay! I love garlic.)
  • 4 oranges
  • 4 potatoes
  • 1 pound of carrots (I've already got 2 pounds in the fridge. So now I'll have lots of carrot sticks to go with my celery)
  • 1 pound of onions (I was out of onions).
  • 1 honey dew melon (With the oranges and the pineapple I have at home - I'm thinking fruit salad)
  • 1 pound of beets (what do I do with this?)
  • 1 seedless cucumber (salads)
  • 1 zucchini (salads, snacks ... guess I'd best get to making hummus).

So this definitely will define what I'm eating next week. Anyone have some good beet recipes? I've found two so far: Roasted Beets and Balsamic marinated beets. I'll probably be trying both next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment