Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu for the week of March 21, 2010

I planned this week pretty well. Sunday I made bread, roasted chicken, and... didn't quite getting around to cooking the baked beans. They were actually cooked on Monday. The bread mostly came out OK and set the tone for my week. It's been mostly OK.

The seasonal cold has retreated into the background, and my fridge now overfloweth with leftovers again and my freezer is full-to-bursting. Tuesday's dinner was technically unplanned (it would have been Easter Monday Ham & Cheese Bake, but I went for deli-bought fried chicken instead). I have a bad habit of going in and changing my weekly menu on Springpad about twice or three times before the week is out. Officially I never plan dinners on Friday or Saturday night.

Friday night is my night out - if I've not already ordered in or brought in take-out during the week. Saturday I shop, so dinner is as much determined by what's on sale that day as by what's available in my fridge/freezer/pantry.

I do inventory on Wednesday, write my menu on Thursday, visit the butcher/deli on Friday and the bulk store/vegetables/everything else on Saturday. Then I tweak the menu again on Saturday to better match what I have/have bought.

Sunday
21
Toast & almond butter
Keller's Roast Chicken with Winter Vegetables
Vegetarian Baked Beans
Hony Oatmeal Bread

Monday
22
Breakfast toast & Almond butter
Leftover Keller's Roast Chicken with Winter Vegetables
Spice-rubbed BBQ Flank Steak and Cesar mixed-leaf salad

Tuesday
23
Breakfast egg sandwich with cheese
Leftover Black beans & rice with Baked beans
Fried chicken, sweet-potato fries & leftover Cesar mixed-leaf salad

Wednesday
24
Breakfast oatmeal
Leftover Keller's Roast Chicken with Winter Vegetables
Lemon-pepper white fish & risotto

Thursday
25
Breakfast musli
Leftover Black beans & rice with Baked beans
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Black Bean Garlic Marinade with Mixed-leaf salad and vinagrette dressing for 6.

Friday
26
Toast & almond butter
Leftover Baked Beans, rice & Steamed Vegetables
Hosin chicken rice bowls

Saturday
27
Breakfast egg sandwich
Lunch roast chicken, fresh bread and salad
Dinner: TBD!

No comments:

Post a Comment