Monday, June 8, 2009

Menu for the week of 7 June 2009

I don't know what to expect this week. I got my garden basket last week, so I have a fridge full of veggies to use up. The gyros, tilapia, steak and whole chicken will be cooked on the barbecue (weather permitting). Can you tell we love our barbecue?

Sunday I made eggs Benedict for one with this recipe. It was tasty, but I didn't quite get the proportions right. It's definitely too rich to make for just myself again; but it was worth the experiment. I've not cooked much (other than dinner) of late, and Sunday's breakfast reminded me how much I enjoy cooking.

There's a couple of other breakfast recipes that I want to try; but they'll probably end up being done next Sunday when I've got the time to experiment again. I've not left an empty night from cooking this week in a desparate attempt to not. Eat. Dinner. Out this week.

Sunday
24
Steak sandwiches (all dressed) with salad
Monday
25
Chicken gyros with salad
Tuesday
26
Falafal my way with salad
Wednesday
27
Grilled Tilapia & polenta with steamed veggies
Thursday
28
Marinated BBQ steak & southwestern coldslaw
Friday
29
Shrimp in spicy lime sauce
Saturday
30
BBQ Whole chicken, pan fries & salad

No comments:

Post a Comment